- senior leadership role within the organisation
- lead a large team
- ability to inspire a team of dedicated professionals
- highest commitment to safety and experience managing risk
- enhance key customer and OEM relationships
- ability to work collaboratively across the business to identify and drive opportunities
- new product identification and implementation
- demonstrate experience leading a large team and building a constructive culture to drive the business forward
- commercially minded, able to work with commercial teams to identify and implement new opportunities to grow sales and identify expanded or new product line opportunities
- strong planning and project management skills with the ability to deliver growth.
- P&L responsibility
Airwork Helicopters is a globally recognised helicopter engineering, sales and leasing company based at Ardmore Airport in Auckland, with bases globally. The business is part of Airwork Group, the second largest aviation business in the country with strong aspirations to continue to grow and increase our global presence. We have a comprehensive range of capabilities, in-house expertise, world class technology and certifications that distinguish us within the global aviation market.
The helicopter business is looking for an experienced people leader, with an unwavering commitment to safety who can continue to grow this important part of the business globally. The Overhaul business is made up of four OEM approved workshops; turbine overhaul (Honeywell & Rolls Royce), dynamic component overhaul (Airbus, Kawasaki), hoist overhaul (Breeze Eastern) and a level 3 non-destructive testing laboratory. This is an exciting time to join a business with an absolute commitment to safety and a desire to deliver outstanding service to our global customer base.
About the Role
This is an important senior leadership role within the organisation and calls for a successful people leader, who has previously led a large team, with an ability to inspire a team of dedicated professionals. The role will need someone with the highest commitment to safety and experience managing risk, who can enhance key customer and OEM relationships in order to continue to grow the business.
The successful candidate will have strong commercial nous and the ability to work collaboratively across the business to identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvements. We are looking for someone who has streamlined production processes and improved efficiency in a previous role, who can also point to new product identification and implementation.
You ideally will have:
Considerable exposure within the aviation industry with previous experience successfully leading a team within an engineering environment. While aviation experience is preferred, we will consider exceptional candidates from a similar industry where they can demonstrate a proven track record in the key areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience leading large team and building a constructive culture to drive the business forward.
- Commercially minded, able to work with commercial teams to identify and implement new opportunities to grow sales and identify expanded or new product line opportunities.
- Strong understanding of Safety Management Systems/Quality Management Systems and risk management.
- Liaison experience with the OEM’s, regulators or other aviation industry stakeholders.
- Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to deliver growth.
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Although not essential, it would be advantageous if you a background in engineering, and a tertiary level qualification in either Engineering, Business Management or other relevant disciplines.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with a great team that are passionate about what they do.
- The opportunity to be part of the senior leadership team within a growing aviation business.
- Competitive Remuneration.
- Access to a subsided medical scheme and other benefits.
Don't hesitate! If this sounds like you, complete the form below with your CV and cover letter.
Please note: you need to be eligible to gain working rights in New Zealand and be required to undergo and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol tests.